Sunday 21 August 2011

My Inaugural Post - St Katherine's, Kew VIC


So, although I have called this blog 'Gluten Free Food Adventures: Canberra and Beyond', I thought best to start this blog with a story of the 'beyond' rather than the 'Canberra', and share my awesome lunch experience at St Katherine's in Kew, Melbourne (this is George Calombaris', of Press Club fame, third Melbourne restaurant and not far at all from my Mum's place) as this place inspired me to get off my arse, and finally start this blog (Ruth, Louisa, it's been several years of me banging on about it but I've done it!)


I was back in Melbourne for my birthday and Mum suggested we go to St Katherine's (http://www.stkatherines.com.au/#mid) for their lunch special ($25 for two courses). It.Was.Awesome. And totally gluten-free friendly! EntrĂ©e was humus with smoked almonds (pictured), home-made ricotta, pickled vegetables and some pretty damn great gluten-free bread (also pictured - this stuff was freshly made and I had to restrain myself from ordering more). Main was a selection of grilled meats and this truly lovely rice pilaf with apricots and other yumminess through it. All topped off with a delicious Greek red wine.


I'll be heading back here on my next trip home me-thinks. Highly recommend this for you Gluten-Free fellows out there craving some laid back Greek/Middle Eastern fare witha twist.
5/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment